Sunday, June 5, 2016

Cracked

Another week has passed and I am still unable to go out on patrol. Frustrating.

I suppose that I should explain all that has been happening. After my rescue from the kraken, I returned with my rescuers to their castle. They are a fighting company known as the Sentinels. They are fighting an ongoing war against beings of darkness known as the voidlings. Their success in battle has cleared the voidlings from a sizable territory. Unfortunately, they were running out of supplies. I helped them establish farmsteads around the area to grow the food they need to survive. Our construction, however, drew the attention of the voidlings.

One day I was on patrol with some of the members of the Sentinels when we spotted smoke on the horizon. One of the farmsteads was burning!


We rode to the scene and found a party of voidlings sacking the place. We rushed into battle, trying to rescue the settlers from the burning buildings. As I ran toward one of the doors, a voidling leapt out of the darkness. He thrust his spear into my side. My armor prevented the point from penetrating, but the force of the blow knocked me to the ground. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. Cracked, I thought. One of my comrades came to my rescue, drove off the voidling, and assisted me back onto my mount. Then a wave of voidlings came out of nowhere. We had no option to retreat.

We swiftly rode back to the Sentinel's stronghold, Landfall Castle, with the voidling horde on our heels. Because of the pain of my injury, I knew I could not effectively fight in the front line. I grabbed a bow and rushed to one of the towers. The voidlings used dark magic to blast apart our front gate and then rushed in. The Sentinels put up a spirited defense, their line did not waver. A few voidlings managed to break through but were quickly dispatched. I did what I could to assist, and many a feathered shaft sent a voidling to perdition. Eventually, the voidlings could not keep up the assault. Their attack wavered and the broke. They fled back into the void.

However, I am still nursing the injury. I hate to be stuck on garrison duty while my friends, the Sentinels, are risking their all to preserve the settlements. I just need to give it time.

OOC Notes:

  • This post describes a practice from 2 weeks ago. I was injured after running into a spear. I think I just bruised my ribs, but cracked ribs makes a better story.
  • The skirmish at the farmstead was actually a game of Ring the Bell. I decided that the bell represented the farm we were trying to save. Unfortunately, my side lost so I described it as the voidlings overrunning the farmstead.
  • We then followed with a castle battle, which I describe as a defense of Landfall Castle. I had to leave before the scenario was over but the defenders seemed to be doing well. Thus, I described it as a victory for the Sentinels

No comments:

Post a Comment