Saturday, August 13, 2022

Inspirations

I've been inspired by a couple of other LARPs.

First up is this video from Empire LARP.


I'm addicted to this. The garb and armor is excellent, the weapons look like real weapons, and the combat is intense.

I found Empire's home page and have been poking around a bit. Aside from the points I mention above, there is a lot I like about it, such as
  • It's a simple hit point system, with 2 points to start going to 6 for heavy armor.
  • Each hit is 1 point. No complicated math.
  • The setting is cool. Nine distinct "nations" form an empire that is beset by internal intrigue and external enemies.
Another inspiration is Reckoning LARP.

Photo from the Reckoning home page

Like Empire, Reckoning features top-notch garb and realistic looking weapons. They also have diverse and distinct cultures (four in their world).

I especially like their character class system. It seems pretty simple. There are only 3 classes - warriors, sages (i.e., spellcasters), and artisans.

The artisan class is really cool. Artisans are non-combatants, but they play a crucial role. They provide healing, repairs, and spell recharges. What a great way to get non-combatants involved!

I would love to visit these LARPs, but they are far away (Empire is in the UK and Reckoning is in Indiana).

Still, I'm pondering ways to incorporate some of their ideas into the Chimera Legion.

No comments:

Post a Comment