Armor
Now I am leaning towards mail.
I thought about doing a fake brigandine (basically light leather with studs). But it will probably get nerfed in Amtgard.
Now, I have my sights set on this front-opening, aluminum chainmail haubergeon.
Tabard
I already have a blue Carl Canvas Tabard that works well. But I'm thinking of getting it in red.
I'm primarily going with a tabard because it is cooler than a tunic over my UPF shirt. But I'm concerned that it won't look that good.
Another option is to get a tunic and treat it with Rit SunGuard. This gives protection equal to 30 UPF.
I'm thinking of going with a linen tunic, like this Ragnar Linen Viking Tunic.
This is proving to be a problem. I see that they updated the sizes for many of the polyurethane helmets on Medieval Collectibles. Now most show 23 inches, which is way too small for me! Meanwhile, the Wyrmwick nut helmet is too big!
Right now, the Wyrmwick fluted nut helmet seems to be the best option.
No comments:
Post a Comment