Monday, June 20, 2016

Quest for the Gardener's Rod

Introduction

After studying the book I received from Kettlebaun, I was able to determine the path to the Gardener's Rod, the second of the three Druidic artifacts that would allow us to defeat the Faedwyr. But how could I find it, trapped as I was in the land of Caligo?

I conferred with my new allies, the Sentinels. They referred me to a mysterious figure known as the Magus of Dissonance. With some reservation, I approached its home. Would I be unwittingly be dabbling in dark magic; the mistake of the League of Purity? Yet I determined to press on. It revealed that it could transport a package to my world. I knew exactly what to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shroudstar stepped off the boat at Lander's Edge, the former capital of Ember Shoals. It was now just a ruin. The Faedwyr, haters of daytime, were not present. As Shroudstar surveyed the desolation, a mysterious robed figure approached. Silently, it handed her a package. In it was a horn - The Horn of Hurricane! With it was a letter. Here was what was written:
Shroudstar, 
I have been able to send this to you through magical means. I need you to go on a quest to retrieve the Gardener’s Rod, a powerful artifact that will help free Ember Shoals from the Faedwyr. I am imprisoned on another plane of existence and cannot take on this quest. You are our only hope! 
To begin, you must make your way to the Brine Slough in the center of the island. Hidden in there is a mystical glen where the Rod is located. To find the correct path to the glen, you will need to find clues in the Slough. 
Best wishes on your quest,
Brother Rufus 
P.S. I have managed to send you the Horn of Hurricane. You will need it to reclaim the Rod.
With her consort, Rhadamanthys, Shroudstar found some remnants of the Bilgewater Brigade. She formed a band of heroes to proceed on the quest for the Gardener's Rod.

OOC Notes

  • Yesterday, at the Caligo practice, I ran a quest (using Amtgard rules) to retrieve the Gardener's Rod. This post is an introduction to that quest.
  • The quest consisted of 2 linked battlegames. In both, a party of heroes is trying to achieve its objective while opposed by various monsters.
  • Over the next week, I'll post separate reports for each battlegame.
  • For the quest, I gave Shroudstar a handwritten copy of the letter reproduced above. The letter was on parchment paper. I also gave her a toy horn that served as the Horn of Hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment