Sunday, January 7, 2018

Escape!

Upon receiving a report of the defeat of the Witch Fynders at Cul Cullach's Fangs and the subsequent advance of the Undying, I Rufus led a force of the Wardens to Ember Shoals. I was joined with some volunteers from the Sentinels.

The Ambush
As we made our way into the interior, I went forward with a small scouting party. As we were returning to the main body, a swarm of undead abominations ambushed us.

From http://www.playbuzz.com/zaviorwright10/would-you-survive-the-zombie-apocalypse

We were running a veritable gauntlet. We were able to hack and slash our way through the initial attackers, but then we ran into the enemy force's leader. Swathed in black, with skeletal features, he appeared a formidable foe. As he eyed me, he spoke in a gravelly voice.

"So Brother Rufus, it is time for you to die, and then to join the Undying!"

I recognized the voice!

"Brother Ekthor?" It sounded like a former member of the Wardens who had split off with the Witch Fynders!

"Brother no longer. I now serve the Undying!" With that, he rushed me.

Back and forth we went, our blades flying faster than the eye could see. Thrust, parry, slash - our battle raged, but nether could gain an advantage. Then I heard a call of warning. Some of the Undying were coming up behind me. I turned just in time to dodge a thrust to my back. The blade grazed me, drawing blood. I was now hemmed in by the enemy. It looked like Ekthor's prediction would prove true. Suddenly, the enemy froze in place.

"Let's get out of here!" called Ferrum, one of the volunteers from the Sentinels. He had used his magical power to freeze the Undying. I didn't need a second warning; I rushed down the path toward our main force.

Game Notes

  • This was part 1 of our December HFS scenario. We did not have enough people for my intended scenario (which I've forgotten) so I improvised.
  • In this scenario, the good guys had to run a gauntlet of bad guys and get to a spawn point at the other end. Once they succeeded, they could go back and try again. We timed the scenario and counted how many times the good guys got across. 
  • My intention was to run the scenario twice - each team would have a chance. Highest score would win. We only ran it once so I called it for the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment