Sunday, March 14, 2021

A New Creation

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation." (2 COR 5:17)

And speaking of new creations, welcome to my "new" blog.

Actually, I amalgamated two prior blogs. From 2015 until 2019 I ran a blog called Way of the Wardens, which chronicled my personal LARP experiences and the history of the "realms" that I ran. In late 2019, I started a blog for a new LARP that I proposed. Called "Paladins' Quest," it was intended as a Christian LARP. COVID derailed it, and I have since changed my plans. Therefore, I decided to merge the two blogs together as The Paladin's Path.

How will Paladin's Path be different? I want to highlight the intersection of my faith with my hobby. Many think that Christianity and LARP don't mix; I disagree. As I explain in this prior post, I have found that LARPing as a knightly character has strengthened my faith in Christ. Thus, I see no conflict between LARPing in general and Christianity.

So what should you expect from this blog? Well, it will be a mix of things:

  • General LARP stuff, like battle reports, persona advice, and organizational discussion
  • General Christian stuff, like holy day reflections, (hopefully) without getting too preachy
  • Discussions about how faith and LARP can work together. For example, I am planning a series on the Christian virtues that undergird the code of chivalry, and how they apply to LARP
Anyway, I hope you join me on my journey.

All glory to the King!

1 comment: