Sunday, April 18, 2021

And Now for Something Completely Different

 Hello Paladins! Today I'd like to share a personal project with you.

Here I am, in stage 1 of my new kit:


Yes, that's a turban but I am not going Arab. Instead, something like this is my final objective:


It's a skutatoi (infantryman) from the Byzantine Empire. So what's the plan?
  • Soft kit - red tunic, white trousers, turban (yes, Byzantines wore turbans) - check
  • Armor - spangenhelm, klivanion (lamellar cuirass), pteruges (leather strips covering lower torso), leather greaves, and padded arms
  • Shield - teardrop with red cover
  • Weapons - spear, javelin, sword, dagger, great axe, plumbata (darts)
Why am I changing my kit? Well, there's a story behind that, but I'll share it with you another time.

In the meantime, get ready for fighting! I am now fully vaccinated and can start venturing out. I would like to start practices in late May / early June (giving others time to get vaccinated).

No comments:

Post a Comment