Sunday, June 24, 2018

Just Die Already

Apparently the Undying have not been completely defeated. Today we were victims of a zombie attack.

The Iron Hearts have been touring the island of Ember Shoals, searching for any signs of our enemies. So far things had been peaceful. However, we arrived at one town and were helping inter some of those who had recently been killed in the fighting. Suddenly our party was beset by a wave of Undying. They rushed the cemetery and quickly overwhelmed some of the townsfolk. The Iron Hearts then formed a defensive perimeter and pushed back the marauding undead.

Nevertheless, their numbers took its toll. More and more of the defenders fell to the zombies. I myself was wounded but was quickly healed. And it was fortunate that I was wearing armor - on more than one occasion it protected me from harm.

The situation was growing dire when I used the Broken Cross of St Kessog to call upon the power of the Lord. Our ranks rallied and we exterminated the remaining Undying. Our priests then blessed the corpses and we quickly buried them.

But now we must be wary of the return of the Undying.

OOC Notes

  • Today we played a scenario of Zombie, which I have described as an Undying attack.
  • In today's game, the zombies started with 4 players and the humans had 5. If you were killed by a zombie you became a zombie. However, if a human was wounded, he could be killed by a teammate and sent back to spawn. I describe this as being healed. It happened to me once during the battle.
  • The zombies had infinite lives until the humans lost 2 players. Then the zombies could be destroyed for good.
  • Today, the zombies whittled us down until only Ferrum and I were left. He then killed the last zombie (Artemis) but was killed simultaneously. He then turned on me but I managed to kill him, leaving me the last one standing.
  • Armor helped immensely. I took a few hits but I was able to shrug them off due to armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment