Friday, December 7, 2018

Regrets, I Had A Few

Shrouded Isles is facing an uncertain future, which has me pondering the mistakes I have made in my LARP career. Oh, I've made a few . . .
  • I regret letting leadership of Dragon Coast pass to someone who did not share my vision. Now, I feel that Glen did a fine job. After that, however, it seemed that the park was moving in a stick-jock direction. Furthermore, leadership did not really respond to feedback. If I could do it again, I would have taken over the Chancellorship from Glen. Ironically, some of the things I wanted to do (such as park autonomy) are mirrored in my vision for Shrouded Isles.
  • I regret declining leadership of Caligo. At the time, I did not want to run a Dagorhir park but wanted to start HFS instead. What I should have done is take over Caligo, and then push through the changes I wanted (such as a Caligo knighthood). I think people may have been more on-board that way.
  • I regret introducing Amtgard to Caligo. More particularly, I regret introducing Amtgard awards to Caligo. Now, it seems that the park values awards more than park autonomy, which has led us to bend the knee to Neverwinter.
Sigh. No sense fretting over past mistakes. Just need to forge forward, and remember the words of the Chairman of the Board.

Sing it, Ol' Blue Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment