Monday, December 3, 2018

The Templar

One thing that frustrates me about Amtgard is that I cannot play a paladin (my favorite RPG class) because I am not an Amtgard knight. I have no ability or desire to pursue a knighthood so I am effectively shut out. I believe that there are likely others with a similar frustration. There have been attempts to remove the knighthood requirement for paladin, but they have (and will likely continue to) fail. I recently had an epiphany - create a new paladin-like class!

Below is my first attempt. The goal is to create a class that can tank, but not as well as Warrior. To compensate, this class gets some holy magic, including the ability to Heal.

TEMPLAR
There are those heroes who embrace the code of chivalry and fight the good fight, but have not had the privilege of receiving the accolade. Yet they continue their quest, regardless of their status at court.

Garb ?? sash
Requirements None
Look the Part Heal 1/Life
Armor 4 points
Shields Medium
Weapons         Dagger, Short, Long, Javelin

Templar Abilities per Level
1st Scavenge (ex) 1/Life
2nd Harden (ex) 1/Life
3rd Heal (m) 1/Life
4th Release (m) 1/Life Charge x 3
5th Flame Blade (m) 1/Life
6th Adaptive Blessing (m) (self only) 1/Life

Class Abilities

Scavenge
T: Verbal S: Sorcery R: Self
I: “Scavenge”
E: Repair 1 point of armor in one location, a shield, or a weapon
L: Kill Trigger

Harden
T: Enchantment S: Protection R: Self
I: “I enchant thee with Harden” x 3
M: White strip
E: Bearers weapons or shield may only be destroyed by Magic Balls/Verbals which destroy objects, e.g. Fireball
L: Will only affect either the weapons or the shield of the bearer, not both.

Heal
T: Verbal S: Spirit R: Touch (others only)
I: “Sword Cut, spear stab, mace smash, arrow jab,
Let the white light of healing descend on thee.
Let the white light of healing stop thy spilling blood.
Let the white light of healing mend thy bones.
Let the white light of healing close thy wounds.
Let the white light of healing restore thy vigor.
The white light of healing hath healed thee.”
E: Heal a Wound.

Release
T: Verbal S: Sorcery R: Touch
I: “From thy bindings thou art released” x5
E: A single ongoing effect or State is removed from the target. Casters choice.
L: Cannot remove Cursed.

Flame
T: Enchantment S: Flame R: Self
I: “The element of fire shall infuse my weapons” x3
M: Red strip and white strip
E: Bearer’s melee weapons are Armor Breaking and Shield Crushing. Bearer and their weapons are Immune to Flame.

Adaptive Blessing
T: Enchantment S: Protection R: Self
I: “I enchant thee with this blessing” x3
M: White strip
E: Bearer becomes Resistant to one of the following Schools: Death, Flame, Subdual, Command, Sorcery. School is chosen at the time of casting. Does not count towards a player’s Enchantment limit, may not be worn with any other Enchantments from the Protection School.

No comments:

Post a Comment