Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Heavy Metal

UPDATED Oct 28

I've been shopping around for stuff to make a paladin kit and found some metal armor at really decent prices.

A simple helmet for $60

10/28 update - I emailed the supplier, asking for the weight of the helmet. They responded that it is 3.8 pounds. Seems a bit heavy; I think I will stick with plastic.


Greaves for only $27


The question is do I really want to go with metal? Interestingly, metal is cheaper than either plastic or leather, but it is heavier. Still, I could use it with Dagorhir (can't use plastic for Dag) and I get extra armor points in Amtgard. Hmmm.

10/28 update - At yesterday's Dag battle, I tried out some metal greaves and bracers. The greaves felt fine; I wore them all day and barely noticed them. The bracers, however, were very uncomfortable. I may get the metal greaves but will definitely stick to plastic or leather for the bracers.

By the way, I really like this gambeson (only $49)


10/28 update - this gambeson is still on my wish list.

There are a few other things I have my eye on, but the above are my highest priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment