Sunday, October 28, 2018

Updated Paladin Kit

Here is my current paladin kit

I need to upgrade some elements. This is my latest wish list for a paladin kit. from head to toe:

Helmet
I like this helmet from Norton (http://www.nortonarmouries.com/product-page/spangenhelm-with-nasal-bar), in plain steel color. Size 62 cm (24.5")


Coif
My current coif is OK, although it bothers me from an authenticity standpoint that it uses velcro. I could upgrade with this one from Medieval Collectibles. Size Large.


Gambeson
I have a ranger's gambeson, but its tan color doesn't really look paladin-like. Also, it is too thick to wear under my chainmail. I can just wear chain over my tunic, but the metal stains the tunic. A nice gambeson, like this one, would help. Size Large.


Tabard
The tabard is a loaner. I need my own. I am going to try to make one, but if it doesn't work out there is always this one. Size Large. Color TBD. The red looks really good, but I am partial to blue myself.


Torso Armor
I currently have a nice set of aluminum chain mail. Unfortunately, it only covers down to the upper thighs. I'd like to extend coverage to my knees. Perhaps a chain skirt, such as these.


Ultimately, I'd also like to get a coat-of-plates. Currently working on making a set myself, although Alchemy Armory has a kit.

Arm and Leg Armor
My chain currently covers most of my arms, but there are times where I may not want to wear the chain. For example, I want to make/get a coat-of-plates, or I could just go with the gambeson. It would be nice to have some armor for my arms. However, I want it to be light - plastic light. Alchemy Armory has nice plastic armor (not as nice as Norton or Wyrmwick but functional and cheaper). Get the full arms. The tops of my legs will be covered by my chain skirt, but the shins are still vulnerable. Protect these with the greaves.


WISH LIST

  • I will be ordering greaves ASAP.
  • Next on my list is the helmet and gambeson.
  • After that TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment